For Utah’s avid hunters, the annual Western Hunting & Conservation EXPO is more than just a trade show; it’s a portal to a season brimming with adventure. Held in the majestic Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City from February 15th to 18th, 2024, this event is a vibrant tapestry of opportunity, education, and camaraderie for passionate outdoorsmen and women. If you’re eager to sharpen your skills, discover new gear, and unlock epic hunting possibilities in the Beehive State, then buckle up – we’re diving deep into the 2024 Utah Hunting EXPO to ensure your experience is nothing short of extraordinary.
Highlights not to miss:
- The 200 Permits Auction: This is your chance to snag highly coveted hunting permits for Utah’s most sought-after big game species. Bid on once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, and more.
- The Ladies Lounge: Designed specifically for female hunters, this dedicated space offers workshops, networking opportunities, and a chance to connect with other women who share your passion for the outdoors.
- The Youth Zone: Spark a love for the outdoors in the next generation with interactive exhibits, educational activities, and engaging presentations designed to inspire young minds and cultivate future generations of responsible hunters and conservationists.
|Dates & Location
|February 15th-18th, 2024
|Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, UT
|Permits & Applications
|200 limited-entry permits for various Utah big game species
|Apply in person at the EXPO before 4 PM on February 18th
|Exhibitors & Gear
|Over 200 exhibitors showcasing hunting gear, apparel, and services
|Cutting-edge rifles, optics, camouflage clothing, and accessories
|Seminars & Workshops
|Experts share knowledge on trophy hunting tactics, wildlife management, and more
|Learn from the best and hone your hunting skills
|Support wildlife conservation and habitat restoration initiatives
|Every ticket and purchase contributes to protecting Utah's wild spaces
|Explore waterfowl, predator, and small game hunting options
|Family-friendly exhibits, educational displays, and engaging workshops
|Presentations by photographers and biologists captivate audiences of all ages
|Legacy & Impact
|Gain knowledge, secure gear, and unlock thrilling adventures
|Website & Resources
Exhibit Hall Hours
|Thursday, February 15
|10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
|Friday, February 16
|10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
|Saturday, February 17
|10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
|Sunday, February 18
|10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Expo Admission Fees
|Adult Single Day
|Adult Multi-Day Pass (Feb 15-18)
|Senior (65+) Single Day
|Senior (65+) Multi-Day Pass (Feb 15-18)
|Military (with ID)
Date wise Event Schedule
Unveiling the Treasures: 200 Permits, Top-Tier Gear, and Expert Insights
The true gem of the EXPO lies in its unparalleled access to coveted hunting permits. With a jaw-dropping 200 limited-entry permits up for grabs, this is your chance to snag that once-in-a-lifetime tag for Utah’s most prized big game species. From majestic bull elk and trophy mule deer to bighorn sheep and even bison, the possibilities are enough to send any hunter’s heart racing. Remember, applications are only accepted in person at the EXPO before 4 PM on February 18th, so mark your calendars and get ready to claim your slice of Utah’s wild bounty.
But the EXPO’s bounty extends far beyond permits. Over 200 exhibitors representing the leading names in hunting gear, apparel, and services converge under one roof. Explore cutting-edge rifles, optics, camouflage clothing, and innovative accessories designed to elevate your performance and comfort in the field. Immerse yourself in seminars and workshops led by seasoned hunting experts, covering topics like trophy mule deer tactics, successful elk calling techniques, and responsible land management practices. These sessions are an invaluable resource for honing your skills and gleaning insider knowledge from the best in the business.
Honoring the Heartbeat: Conservation at the Core
While the thrill of the hunt is undeniable, the 2024 Utah Hunting EXPO champions a crucial truth: responsible hunting goes hand-in-hand with conservation. The event serves as a vital platform for organizations like the Mule Deer Foundation, Utah Life Elevated, and Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife to raise critical funds for habitat restoration projects and wildlife conservation initiatives across the West. Every ticket purchased and every dollar spent at the EXPO contributes to safeguarding the very landscapes that make Utah a hunter’s paradise.
Beyond the Expo: Exploring Utah’s Hunting Paradise:
Utah is a hunter’s paradise, boasting diverse landscapes teeming with big game, waterfowl, and small game alike. If you’re planning to extend your stay after the EXPO, here are some suggestions for unforgettable hunting experiences:
- The Uinta Mountains: Hike through breathtaking alpine meadows and hunt for elk, mule deer, and moose.
- The Wasatch Mountains: Explore rugged canyons and hunt for trophy mule deer, Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, and elk.
- The Great Salt Lake: Take a boat trip through the wetlands and hunt for ducks, geese, and swans.
- The Moab Desert: Embark on a desert adventure and hunt for mule deer, pronghorn antelope, and bighorn sheep.
Planning Your Conquest: Insider Tips for Navigating the EXPO
With so much to see and do, navigating the EXPO can feel daunting. But fear not, seasoned hunters! Here are some insider tips to ensure a smooth and rewarding experience:
- Pre-register Online: Save time and skip the lines by pre-registering online for your admission ticket. This also allows you to apply for those coveted hunting permits electronically.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: Prepare for a day of exploring the expansive expo floor. Comfortable shoes and layers are essential, as temperatures inside the convention center can fluctuate.
- Plan Your Route: Prioritize your must-see booths and events to make the most of your time. Download the official EXPO app or grab a map at the entrance to guide your journey.
- Hydrate and Refuel: The excitement can be exhausting, so stay hydrated throughout the day. Opt for healthy snacks and pack a lunch if you plan on staying for the entire event.
- Engage with Experts: Don’t be shy! Ask questions, attend seminars, and seek advice from exhibitors and hunting experts. This is your chance to learn from the best and optimize your upcoming hunting season.
If I do not get an Expo tag, will I receive a refund of my $5 application fee?
The application fee is not transferable to another position or refunded under any circumstances.
How much do Utah's 200 Expo permits cost to apply for?
To enter the drawing for a hunting license at the Expo, hunters must pay a $5 application fee per application. A hunter who applies for 10 Expo permits (five mule deer and five elk hunts) would pay $50 in application costs.
Can I enter the Utah Big Game permit draw and the Expo at the same time?
Your application for the Utah big game draw cannot be submitted with your application for an Expo permit.
Do Hunting Expo permits have any special requirements, such Bonus Points or waiting periods?
It’s true for all “lifetime” licenses (Moose, RM Bighorn Sheep, Desert Bighorn Sheep, Goat and Bison). False, for all Limited Entry Permits (Elk, Deer, Pronghorn, Bear, Turkey and Cougar).
Does the Utah waiting time start if I win a permit at the Hunting Expo?
No, not if you’re after elk, deer, antelope, black bear, cougar, or turkey. The answer is yes for all licenses with a “once in a lifetime” clause (Moose, RM Bighorn Sheep, Desert Bighorn Sheep, Goat and Bison).
Is it necessary for me to be there when I submit my applications for the permits?
The only way to apply for one of the expo’s 200 permits is via the website, which can be found at https://huntexpo.com/200-permits/. Each application, however, REQUIRES PERSONAL VERIFICATION BY THE APPLICANT ON ONE OF THE EXPO’S FOUR DAYS. Sunday, February 5, 2023, at 4 p.m. (MST) is the last day for validations to be submitted.
When the actual drawing takes place in the days after the Expo, will I need to be there to win?
Don’t worry, you won’t have to miss out on your chance to win by not being there for the drawing.
At what point will the selected candidates be notified?
The Division of Wildlife Resources will contact the winners and announce the results of the drawing for 200 permits on the Expo website by the end of February. All approved candidates had their identities checked using the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
How can I acquire my Expo permit if I win one?
The Utah Division of Wildlife will send you written notification and a “winning applicant” designation within 60 days of the drawing results being made public. In this notice, you will learn about the many ways you may apply for the license.
If my name is picked for one of the 200 Expo badges, would I still have to pay for the permit?
Indeed, you must pay the corresponding resident or non-resident charge for the badge. Visit https://wildlife.utah.gov/licenses/fees.html for a complete breakdown of licensing and permit costs in the state.
Can I get a refund if I win two or more Expo permits for the same species?
Each applicant will be allowed to choose one permit, with the other going to the next person on the alternative list.
If I decide not to use my permit, can I get a refund or another one?
Permits cannot be returned or exchanged once they have been purchased.
- Alabama Fishing License 2024: Ultimate Guide [Fees, Seasons, Fishing Regulations & More] - February 28, 2024
- Michigan Fishing License 2024: Ultimate Guide Buying MI DNR Non Resident & Resident Permits! - February 28, 2024
- Louisiana Hunting Seasons 2024-2025: New Regulations & Schedule Changes! - February 26, 2024